Wednesday, December 24, 2008

This Christmas...

Why is it, always at this time year I get so damned sentimental?!
I'm doing a bit of goofing off in my office. Christmas eve and all and really don't feel much like working.
I'm not Christian, but was certainly raised that way. I had the usual American upbringing. My mom was a real FREAK about Christmas. She would bake for weeks before hand and as a child our Christmas was usually incredible. Even in hard times, and we weren't terribly privileged as kids, my parents always found a way to make our Christmas special. Even now, so many years later, I still remember most of my younger Christmas days.
SO, having said that, I guess it's the memories mostly. I have had and also created some of the most amazing Christmases in the past.
Nowadays, I don't really celebrate it much. It's a nice time away from work and I try and relax a bit, but the holiday just doesn't mean much anymore to me. Maybe that's the problem, I miss it MEANING something!
I always... ALWAYS reflect back during this time of year, and I usually manage to depress myself doing it. Like now...

I have said it again and again and I'll say it now...
NO REGRETS
That's the philosophy I live my life by.
If I had the chance to do things again, would I do things any differently? Hmmm, Maybe. But I do NOT regret ANY part of my life. It has always been and continues to be the most amazing ride.
I think about people mostly this time of year. I wonder why some of them are no longer a part of my life. I wonder if they are doing well. I hope for them the best and that they are seeing their dreams come true.
I am grateful for having known them and for their friendship and love.
They are never far away, because I hold them in my heart.
I miss them badly, and while I have the most incredible life now with someone I love very much, I also wish people wouldn't move so far away, and the time existed to spend more with friends that are distant.
I say it every year, and it never happens. I will try and spend more time being a friend and more time with my friends. Reconnecting.

I have not written much about my current life yet, but it is soon to come.
As in my old blog, I promised to write about my life as it happens and be as honest as I can.
There is a whole "other" side of Jay to get to know and you will.
So, for the old friends who have found me again after all these years... welcome back. To my new friends, hang on, the ride is just beginning.

As this year comes to a close, it has been truly the best of times and the absolute worst of times for me. This year, more than ever, ever, ever... I wish for you, all that you dream. I wish for me, time and peace and reunions.
To Ahmad, thank you for being there. Thank you for loving me so much, as I love you.
And to you, the casual reader, follow your dreams and find your experiences.

Do the best you can with the light you have to guide you...


Jay


Okay, now that I've gone all sentimental on your ass, here's one final thing this holiday season.
The funniest youtube I've seen in a while.
I LOVE this kind of creative, outside the box thinking:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home